Re: Stokesia question
  • Subject: Re: Stokesia question
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 17:14:16 EDT

I think I've found it.  It seems to be a cultivar called 'Mary Gregory.'
It's really attractive, and not at all like the ordinary Stokesias I have.
I have a sentimental attachment to the old blue ones.  The first
flower show I can remember - back in the 1930s - my grandmother
won a blue ribbon for her Stokesia.  It was then that I fell in love with
flower shows, and I've never gotten over it. Of course, my grandmother
was no gardener - she had someone else do all that for her - but she
did like to have the "latest" of anything, and the woman who did all
her gardening and other heavy work often brought her things from
other gardens.  Nancy (the gardener) often said "if the baby (that was
me) plants it, it's sure to grow."
In a message dated 6/27/2010 5:05:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,