RE: SoCal Plant recommendations
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: RE: SoCal Plant recommendations
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 09:58:58 -0700

I agree with asking at a nursery or someplace local. Still need to do a
little research because our big-box stores sometimes carry nice things
that will not survive our winter, like citrus trees.
I like achillea too but the type I have looks kind of messy unless you
deadhead it, I was trying to go with the low maintenance aspect.
Although most perennials will need deadheading, I guess. Colorful
foliage would work well for low-maintenance, I think.
Hmmm what else have I seen a lot of at Home Depot...Marguerite daisy
looks very nice in bloom, haven't grown it so I don't know what its
needs are. Calla lilies are getting popular.

Cyndi