Re: weather rant now: flooding

Again, this where understanding and comunicating with your mailorder
nurseries is very important.  Most of those I do business with either have
grown them outdoors (so they are ready) or, if grown in a gh environment
have already hardened them off b4 shipping.  Those that haven't done so yet
usually include a note warning that they're not, but this doesn't happen
often.  Acclimation doesn't usually take much more than a week or so and I
can usually trust my old Florida room to help me out for the transition.
Of course, anything tender - annual or perennial - gets much more and
longer protection.