Re: weather rant flooding weekend chores

In a message dated 03/08/2003 2:19:01 PM Central Standard Time,
gardenqueen@gbronline.com writes:

> The clay is still quite moist but workable (BARELY) and man does

I must have the same stuff.  Transplanted two David Austin rose bushes today,
and found that thoroughly watering only once weekly really did get them to
sink their roots very deep in the earth.  I must be much older this year than
last because my back, legs and arms are really sore. Plan to soak in the tub
later so if you don't hear from me soon it'll be because I drowned. <LOL> My
neighbors are in the process of cutting down a 30 year old hedge of weeping
privet giving me somewhere in the neighborhood of 12 additional feet of space
plus a terrible view of the back of their house.  At least, should I plan to
put in flowers, I won't have to buy any.  I noticed today that the Monarda,
Lychnis coronaria, Lunaria annua, and Rudbeckia have seeded like mad.  I
can't complain, though, about all the upcoming work -- I love the return of
the flowers.  It's my favorite time of the year.

zone 7
West TN