RE: weather rant now: flooding

I guess I will have to try that this year. Most times I attempt to keep
everything in what ever it came in. But we are talking close to 2 months
so it really takes its toll.

Annuals that will be made into hanging pots or display containers do get
transplanted within a short time. Then it is the in and out of the
garage depending on that days forecast. The veggies and annuals that
will be ground plants are the real problems. Didn't think it was a good
thing to keep transplanting them. Now that my perennials are filling
out, as well as more acquired, not planting many annuals in the ground,
other than some grasses that are not hardy here.

Perennials always get bumped up and live in that container till I figure
out where I will put them. I like to wait and see who made it thru the
winter before I decide. Seems all the perennials sold around here are
not hardened off either... straight from the greenhouse to my home, so
they need to be acclimated too....

What does everyone else do in these northern climates? It still erks me
when I have to buy a plain jane common tomato plant in early April and
hold it till end of May... or have none.