From: Kitty <kmrsy@earthlink.net>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] cuttings
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 08:57:04 -0500 (EST)

I am currently rooting some cuttings of the Goldfish Plant I wrote about
last fall. I didn't have a lot and didn't want to use up a lot of space,
so I used a 2x5 peat cell strip filled with rooting medium. After
sticking the cuttings I placed the cell strip in an old plastic audio
cassette tray (about 12x4 inches). Then I stuck chopsticks upright in
each corner of the medium and wrapped saranwrap around the whole thing.
About once a week I pour more water into the plastic tray to keep
everything moist. The Goldfish have already rooted; I just haven't
gotten around to potting them up. Maybe this weekend.