Re: website/orders

i can answer your first question, jim. yes, but it may depend where in sarasota you mean. i'm 20 miles south of sarasota in venice, and about 5 miles inland on a piece of high ground [27 feet above sea level, which is damn near a mountain down here] and i have two of david's hibiscus happily living year-round in pots on my front patio. they have been there for some time and have survived at least one cold snap that brought ice to my windshield.

i do not think they would have survived at the nursery, which is about 7 miles farther inland and lower [on the myakka river flood plain]. when i had ice on my windshield, we had smudge pots going at the nursery--and still lost a few ixora.

some months ago, i saw a hedge of similar hybrids [not david's, but basically the same types of hot-house shrubs] on anna maria island. quite a tall hedge so it had been there for awhile. it was in full bloom, dinner-plate size flowers, some red, some yellow.