Re: now cats eating plants

Not Raja....nope...she wants her cat grass, and the spider plants, and the Christmas cactus, and my jade plant and my asparagus fern. She's not picky. Yes, she is a kitten and will most likely outgrow this (I hope). She has two different bowls of cat grass growing...and still eats my plants. I'm running out of high places to put them cause she can jump now!!!

Jesse Rene' Bell

From: "Pamela J. Evans" <gardenqueen@gbronline.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Subject: Re: [CHAT] now cats eating plants
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 19:35:31 -0600

Zem - have you tried keeping a pot of cat grass in the house? I keep one
at all times next to Sugar's dish, and she eats it and never bothers my
plants.

One time she nibbled a spider plant I brought inside during a cold snap,
took one or two steps and promptly threw it up. If it's not cat grass
(wheat grass) she is NOT interested. She may look and sniff, but she
will not nibble. Plus it's good for their digestion, she's nearly 8 and
has never had a hairball. Not one. Food for thought if you'll forgive
the pun :-)

Pam