From: James R. Fisher <garrideb@well.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Date: 3/17/2003 7:21:17 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Possible relaxation in U.S. phyto. policy for seeds

   There has been chat on various lists about the possible
relaxation of current USDA/APHIS policy on seed importation
requiring phyto sanitary certificate at point of origin.
Here is one such info message emanating from Joyce Fingerhut
of the NATGS:

Yes, changes are afoot.

Dr. Arnold Tschanz, of the office of Regulatory Coordination had been

the task of dealing with our complaints regarding the phyto requirement on
Jim Fisher
Vienna, Virginia USA
38.9 N 77.2 W
USDA Zone 7