Re: Spring in Texas

In a message dated 03/19/2003 8:54:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
gardenqueen@gbronline.com writes:

> You will indeed Auralie!  Won't all that snow help the drought situation
> once it melts??

The problem is that the ground is frozen, so doesn't absorb the melt.  It
will just run off and down to the Hudson River which doesn' t really need it.
 Some of it may get to the reservoirs, but most of it will just run out to
sea.  Oh well.  My son in Colorado thinks their great snowfall will help
their situation.  Maybe we will have more rain later this year.  I hope.
Enjoy your spring.