From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Marge Talt
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 8:51 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Hello/now vegetables

Yes, Theresa...munch peas for me, please!  We have had the worst
winter in 30 years here - I still have some patches of snow that
haven't melted after several warm days - but it is receding while the
poor late bulbs are sticking their noses up through the muck.  Saw 1
crocus blooming today.  Boy do I have some sad looking evergreen
perennials; think I've lost most of my big evergreen euphorbs; they
look terrible.  All the leaves I did not get up last fall are matted
down like felt...talk about a clean up job!

Dunno how long it's been since you lived in MD, but it is now
gridlock pretty much around the clock, so snow just turns all into a
total parking lot - even the hint of snow and 2' really did the
trick.  Luckily, the big snow happened over a long weekend, but the
Tues. people headed back to work was awful.

Agree....would not choose this time to fly. Airlines are gonna be
hurting even more than usual, considering the mind-set that appears
to be in operation at the top.  Whadda waste!

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :