plants for DRY, semi-shade

Hi all-what annuals & low growing perennials do you use for hot, dry
semi-shade? I have a job that is going to need some. It's a very small space,
around a sign that is close to the road. It's a big square planter around the
sign, maybe 3 feet width and 5 foot length on each side. It is shaded
partially by a big oak but will get very hot as the summer progresses. it will
get some sun in the late afternoon, and probably not a whole lot of water
unless I go by there and do it myself and I don't know that I can do that on a
every other day basis (unless the pay me of course, which I will tell them)

Anyway-suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC
Zone 8b