Re: Re: plants for DRY, semi-shade

Yeah - what Marge said. ;+)

When you say planter, it's not really a container is it?

Regarding the watering, that's a tough one. Non-gardeners who pay to
have an area planted tend to think it should take care of itself. A
friend of mine took on a project last summer. A govt funded program in
which she'd do the layouts, purchasing and teaching of high school
students planting gardens in underprivledged areas. They'd ( my friend
and another MG as it turns out - the HS kids couldn't get their butts
out of bed)plant these gardens for these businesses and clinics and
whatever and instruct them on watering, but only about half would.
Sometimes they'd come back the next day to finish up and find someone
had come by in the night and dug up and taken all the best plants.

But back to watering.... If they don't want to pay you to do it, I think
you should print up a brochure explaining the protection of their
investment. Maybe pics of unwatered beds would be a nice graphic example
to help get the message across. The point is: just telling them they
need to water it doesn't do it. You need to cover this in full or when
the plantings croak, they'll blame YOU for putting in junk rather than
themselves for lack of follow through.

Kitty