Re: Hello/now vegetables/MD

Marge Talt wrote:
From: Pamela J. Evans <gardenqueen@gbronline.com>
I graduated in 1979. Haven't seen it since then. Yes - very

Good school - 12th oldest in the country. Are the diplomas still in
Latin?? (I'm looking at mine on the wall in here) expensive
Have no idea about the
Latin...now you mention it, don't know as I ever got a good look at
that diploma other than in a rolled up state with a ribbon around it,
clutched in the hand of the graduate:-)

It was expensive and probably is more now:-)  But, as you say, a good
school and one of the oldest.  Also a small school, which I think a
good thing from a learning standpoint.  All in all, we were quite
That brings to mind my experience with Latin diplomas. After having
given out diplomas in Latin for 300+ years, my school chose 1962 (my
year) to switch to English. That led to the famed 'Diploma Riots';
we had latin orations condeming the changs on the steps of Widener
Library, and I got my first and only taste of tear gas...
Jim Fisher
Vienna, Virginia USA
38.9 N 77.2 W
USDA Zone 7