Re: Hello?

> From: Tigerliley2@wmconnect.com
> Jesse.....I have green ash trees out front.....can I do a hyacinth
bean up
> that tree?

Not Jesse, but hyacinth bean needs something (relatively thin) to
twine on, so you'd need to put up string or net or something. It also
wants all the sun you can give it, so IMO trying to grow it up a tree
wouldn't be as good as growing it up another vine in full sun..or
letting it grow on some open type shrub or other if you don't have a
trellis or place to mount some mesh.

I have discovered that my sweet autumn clematis loves to climb up
that heavy green plastic mesh fencing they sell at Home Despot and
Lowes...just loves it.  I nailed some up on our deck rail and the
vine climbs the mesh and then cascades over the rail.  You could try
some of that nailed up on about anything in the sun and I bet the
hyacinth bean would love it, too.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :