From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Marge Talt
Sent: Sunday, March 23, 2003 6:38 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] id help please

Jim's right...your second one is most definitely a praying mantis
case..just leave it be.  As soon as it warms up the little mantis
babies will come out and start eating each other:-)

Your bird is a mourning dove...looks like you'll have a hanging dove
basket this year; not plants:-)

And, I agree...think we need some sort of auto-notice along about
Jan. 1 to tell all of us winter-desk bound types to start doing push
ups....my old bod has been protesting all week from last weekend's
pruning and I'm about to pass out from this weekend's
pruning...Lordy, why did I want all those clipped hedges?  I know
there was a reason at some time or another....

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :