From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Marge Talt
Sent: Sunday, March 23, 2003 8:01 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] id help please

Yup...they'll eat each other if they don't find something else to
eat...voracious lil' items; they'll eat anything that moves that they
can catch.  They look like miniatures of the adults only a sort of
pale beige tan color; very tiny, like half an inch long or less when
they hatch.  The adults - at least those around here - become more
green and get quite large by the end of the season - up to 3" or so.

Sounds like you've got a pet dove:-)  I'm fond of ours...wouldn't be
summer without their woo-woo-wooing.  But ours are not tame at all
and fly off in hysteria whenever they see us....after eating our
birdseed for nearly 30 years, you'd think they'd get used to us.

Maybe she's found a new mate if she was seen with a couple of
others......

I once had a bird nest in a hanging basket; scared the bejezus out of
me and the nestlings when I watered the nest without realizing they
were in there.  Baby birds all over the place; had to catch them and
put them back:-)  Forget what it was now; been so long; don't do
hanging baskets anymore as the wisteria has covered the trellis so no
sun gets in where I used to hang the baskets.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :