much too much mulch

This is going to sound sort of a stupid question.  I removed and gathered
the 2 bales of straw I used for winter mulch - now what?  I've shredded
straw before; it doesn't really reduce much, fast.  There's a huge pile
of it covering about 12 feet of a wide path, 2-3 feet high.  I have no
use for it as a summer mulch or for paths.  What do I do? Kitty