Re: Babies: Cats and Plants

In a message dated 03/26/2003 9:57:33 PM Central Standard Time,
justme@prairieinet.net writes:

> She just needs a much bigger cat.... :)like a cougar, or bobcat or ?:)

I do have one that weighs 17-1/2 pounds, but, as you might have guessed, he's
verrrry laid back.  Incidentally, Thelma came to live with me last night,
brought by a person I had never met before -- she just heard I was the "cat
lady."  Thelma is probably about 3 weeks old and has to be bottle fed every
four hours, Right now she's drinking about 1 tablespoon of kitten formula at
each feeding, but I think she'll be ready for kitten food real soon.  Now
there are over 30 members of my furry family.  How's that for more than you
ever wanted to know? <LOL> Today, for the first time this year (or last),
there are more plants than weeds in my beds.  Noticed that the Lilium
formosanum are coming along nicely, the Baptisia are up and one of the
peonies has huge buds.  When checking out the ginger lilies I found the
Hedychium coronarium's rhizomes are turning red and getting ready to send up
shoots. It just gets better every day!

zone 7
West TN