Re: Persian Shield

Yes, Kitty, I do grow this plant outside, as a splash of color in the
flowerbeds, especially in the shadier areas.  It is perennial here.   I never let
mine go to bloom, so not really sure when it blooms here.  I prune or pinch the
plant often.....like the coleus, since I like bushy plants.  Also, it seems
that these plants main purpose is to produce seed to reproduce, so I figure if I
keep pinching it, then it will live longer, rather than flower, go to seed,
then die.
Sorry I'm not much help.

zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 3/3/2004 7:35:20 PM Central Standard Time,