From: Andrea H [mailto: hodgesaa@islc.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 19:16:19 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Spring at the Morgan's too!

Bonnie-joe Pye weed likes plenty of sun and lots of water so I don't
know if<br>it will go well with the Hydrangea since they prefer some
shade. It will do<br>kind of so so for the first year them watch out! It
gets huge, and sets lots<br>of seeds. It also gets scale and mealy bugs.
Just FYI. but the butterflies<br>do go nuts for it and it rapidly
Message ----- <br>From: "Bonnie & Bill Morgan"
<wmorgan972@ameritech.net><br>To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Sunday,
March 07, 2004 1:18 PM<br>Subject: RE: [CHAT] Spring at the Morgan's
put both the Joe Pye<br>> Weed and the Oakleaf Hydrangea in the same
bed. The bed stretches between<br>a<br>> 7 year old tulip tree and a
plum on the other end about 30' apart. What<br>> would be the best
spacing of the two plants, given neither of them are<br>> mature plants?
Your arrangement sounds so lovely! So, I think I'll move<br>a<br>>
couple of my rudbeckia and my bee balm with a few iris into the new
Message-----<br>> From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net
[mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On<br>Behalf<br>> Of Bonnie
Holmes<br>> Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2004 2:14 PM<br>> To:
gardenchat@hort.net<br>> Subject: RE: [CHAT] Spring at the Morgan's
too!<br>><br>> You will love the oak leaf hydrangea. It also has
wonderful winter<br>> interest...give it plenty of room as it tends to
spread out. The<br>> butterflies will love Joe Pye Weed...I have mine in
the middle of a round<br>> bed surrounded with bee balm, iris,
Rudbeckia, and Russian sage.<br>><br>> Bonnie Zone 6+
Bill Morgan <wmorgan972@ameritech.net><br>> > To:
<gardenchat@hort.net><br>> > Date: 03/06/2004 2:25:50 PM<br>> > Subject:
RE: [CHAT] Spring at the Morgan's too!<br>> ><br>> > We had heavy
straight line winds and rain. A store up in Xenia

(the<br>place<br>> > the native American's called the Valley of the Big
Winds and that is<br>known<br>> > for being heavily hit by tornados
repeatedly) lost its roof. It looked<br>> like<br>> > it had been cut
> settle in Xenia, myself. Although most of the morning we were bathed
in<br>> > sunshine and 70+ degree weather. I DID NOT want to be tied to
a desk!<br>> ><br>> > I just ordered an Oak Leaf Hydrangea, an
Adendophora (ladybells) and a<br>> > Eupatorium 'Atropurpureum' (Joe Pye
Weed) for my new garden bed. I can<br>> > hardly wait!!! I'm so excited.
I still have half the lasagna bed to<br>> > install as soon as I get
home with daytime enough to haul materials out<br>> > there to finish
it!<br>> ><br>> > Of course, we're expecting Snow two-four days next
week, but I KNOW<br>spring<br>> > is on its way! My Lenten Rose is right
on schedule! Marge was right;<br>the<br>> > flowers grow more
magnificent with the age of the plant! Oh, and my<br>> crocus,<br>> >
both blue and yellow are now in full bloom most places in the
yard.<br>Then<br>> > along the driveway, I have 5 iris reticulata
already blooming. Oh, and<br>I<br>> > think I found some lungwort
seedlings, too! They are so cute! It all<br>> > happened in less than a
week (3-4 days really.)<br>> ><br>> > Yes, I've got the 'bug' really bad
last week and came out with 3 red lilies, a cyclamen and<br>an<br>> >
Eryngium planum (Sea Holly) and a bunch of seeds (10 packets of
sweet<br>> > alyssum among them. I always get volunteers from the
on. (It's<br>> in<br>> > the 40's--and was all night and will be through
the night to tomorrow<br>> > morning when the temps will start to drop
so that it can snow on my<br>flower<br>> > parade next week. Of such is
life.) The da

ff
odils are a good 5" out of<br>> the<br>> > ground, and the other spring
plants--hyacinths and some tulips among<br>them)<br>> > have just
breached the soil line. I left some leaf cover on the more<br>>
tender<br>> > plants knowing snow was coming. I took mother for a little
walk in the<br>> yard<br>> > today so she could see the blooms and the
new growth! What bulbs I put<br>in<br>> > the ground three years ago
have multiplied, making nice colonies here<br>and<br>> > there. I'm
owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On<br>>
Behalf<br>> > Of Jesse Bell<br>> > Sent: Friday, March 05, 2004 10:26
AM<br>> > To: gardenchat@hort.net<br>> > Subject: RE: [CHAT]
Spring!<br>> ><br>> > Well, it came in like a LION here...let me tell
ya! Monday (the 1st)<br>was<br>> > incredibly windy and stormy.
Yesterday...flash flood warning, tornado<br>> > warnings all over the
place. Kind of early for tornados. Daffodils are<br>> > popping up
though. WOO HOO.<br>> ><br>> >
http://www.hort.net/funds/<br>><br>>
http://www.hort.net/funds/<br>><br>>

    http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>