Re: Waiting, now smoking, now grandkids

> From: Jesse Bell <jesserenebell@hotmail.com>
> Agree to disagree.  What a concept.  Wish the whole world would
think like
> that.  Why is it that people feel like they have to shove their
religion or
> political views down your throat and feel that their way is the
only way?
> (I know, I sound like Andy Rooney)  I'll never understand that.
----------
Amen to that, Jesse!

My take is that forcing others to think, act, do, believe as they do
is a way of reinforcing the correctness of their own views, acts,
decisions....whatever.

I do get really tired of it.  I don't mind what others think or
believe - everyone has a right to their own opinions; just wish
they'd keep them to themselves and permit others to have their own as
well.  Supposedly our current age is one of tolerance, but I fail to
see it out there in the old real world.  The intolerance just gets
moved to a different topic.  Instead of being intolerant of different
races; we are now intolerant of different life-styles and want to
make durn sure everybody has to conform to the current 'correct' way
of living.

I know this sort of thing has gone on for centuries - probably since
the first group of humans got together, but with our modern media
blitzes, it just seems so much more 'in your face' today than I
remember it being.  Perhaps that's just an illustration of my faulty
memory:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade