Re: Forsythia/Cats and Beans

What is it they say? Dogs have masters, cats have staff.
On Friday, March 26, 2004, at 06:06 AM, "" <gardenqueen@academicplanet.com> wrote:

Ha - good one Melody. Ruling cats, now that is funny. Every morning when
I leave and see Sugar snoozing or looking at me, I think - hmm, stay
home and sleep and eat and play all day or go to work w/ knuckleheads
and stress. Who's the smart one here, let me think....

Pam Evans Kemp, TX zone 8A ----- Original Message ----- From: Melody Sent: 3/25/2004 7:31:17 PM To: gardenchat@hort.net Subject: Re: [CHAT] Forsythia/Cats and Beans

Auralie: I think that when God gave Man dominion over the birds and
beasts of the world, He was having a joke on us all...who could hope to
rule cats? And dogs in their own way can be pretty demanding, too...just
not in your face like cats are...sort of sneakier about it.

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein

 --- On Thu 03/25,  < Aplfgcnys@aol.com > wrote:
From:  [mailto: Aplfgcnys@aol.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 19:15:15 EST
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Forsythia/Cats and Beans

In a message dated 03/23/2004 6:11:31 AM Eastern Standard Time,
would eat any green food we would give<br>> her...brussel sprouts,
asparagus, peas, spinach, green beans, etc. Same<br>> cat also **loved**
powdered blueberry muffin mix...would rip open the<br>> bags or cartons
to get to the stuff if it wasn't behind a locked door<br>> she couldn't
get into. Unfortunately for us, we also had a cat, Paws, at<br>> the
time who had extra toes and like magic could open any cupboard door<br>>
in our house, even the kitchen cupboards that had push latches on
them,<br>> so we were forever and a day coming home to ripped up boxes
of powdered<br>> blueberry muffin mix! Wierd! But you gotta love those
constantly amazed at their individual <br>behaviors. Cats are as much
individual personalities as humans. Two of mine are <br>sisters, though
I am sure they had different fathers. Jane wants constant <br>attention,
and brings us her string - which is very definitely her special
a lovely soft <br>gray, but we call her the dumb blonde. Lottie, a plump
'tuxedo' cat with only <br>half a white mask on her jet black face,
scorns such childish things. She <br>likes to sit on top of the computer
monitor and see that I do my job properly. <br>In the evening my DH
often has his supper on a tray by the fire. Lottie waits <br>until he
settles in with a cup of tea and cookies, and then jumps onto the
tray for the <br>evening - he can carry the tray to the kitchen and she
won't stir. She also <br>demands water at the kitchen faucet, mewing
until we set it to drip. <br>Unfortunately sometimes she drinks too much
after she has just eaten and it all comes up, <br>so I try to control
the times she can drink. I've had many cats in my long <br>life and each

special. I think the Good Lord had a good day when He made <br>cats -
and it also convinces me He has a sense of humor - but dogs do that,
too. <br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com