Re: Royal Paulownia

When I read your first post - didn't have a chance to respond then -
wondered if what you were seeing was the handiwork of our idiot
utility companies?  They go around hacking back trees to keep them
away from the power lines...and hacking is a kind word for what they
do.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635
----------
> From: Cersgarden@aol.com
>
> In a message dated 3/27/04 10:21:02 PM, kmrsy@comcast.net writes:
>
> << I couldn't tell from your post whether you thought topping and
coppicing
> were similar practices or that one just brought the other to mind.
>>

> Kitty, it just reminded me of what I saw.  Many of these were in
public
> locations which one would think professionls have performed the
work.  Also, some
> were sizeable trees with each branch pruned severly.
>     I believe coppicing and stooling is the same performance which
I do each