Re: My new endeavor

Well, Love, it sure sounds great. I hope it works out for you. If I can do anything to help, don't be shy.

Monday, March 29, 2004, at 05:33 PM, Andrea H wrote:

Speaking of campaigning for proper tree pruning, I wanted to announce to the
group my new goal. I finally found a Master's of Horticulture. It's through
Texas Tech University, sooooo I am in the process of applying to graduate
school. Our small AS program here at the local tech college closed and I've
been looking for a new program for 2 years. I don't really want to move so I
needed online. Well Texas Tech finally has one. They also have undergrad and
I will need a few more courses to complete my requirements, which is fine
with me. Any classes at all I'm thrilled about. I'm so excited, I can't wait
to get started. I have been talking to the Dr. of the program and she wants
me to take one prerequisite this summer and start in a graduate
arboriculture class this fall. I do have to take the GRE, so I'll be
studying for the next month for that. My former hort teacher was always
getting flack from the city council because she didn't have her Master's
(only a bachelors and 20 odd years experience) so they wouldn't always
listen to her. She has moved to Alabama so I'm hoping to step into her shoes
so to speak when I'm done. Or before, preferably. I'm still teaching classes
at one of the local nurseries, and doing containers for people but I gave up
on the wholesale plant business. WAY too much work for one person.

Anyway, if anyone else is interested I'm sure Texas Tech would love to have
you. I'm so excited I could pee my pants!

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC

Island Jim
Southwest Florida