OT- Weather and Idoor fun

We had another 5" of snow last night. School was open, but only 6 of my
twelve children showed up!  And, my two most difficult children were absent!
Nobody, puts boots on their kids, so we covered their sneakers with plastic
bags and pulled mittens from my classroom collection and took the children
OUTSIDE to build a snowman and play in the snow!  They had a ball and cried
when they had to come back inside,  The snowman is right outside our window.
They named HER "Mike".  I had brought bins of snow inside to play with as
well and the children that were waiting for their turn to go outside,
enjoyed throwing snowballs through our open window at the people outside.  I
easily convinced one of the Speech Therapists and the Occupational Therapist
to go out with us.

Tomorrow we're having an indoor snowball fight with white pompoms for
snowballs.  We'll build a snow fort from boxes painted white and put pieces
of carpet on our feet (rug side down) to pretend to ice skate on a Mylar
lake!

Chris
Long Island, NY
Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)