Re: pruning question

Does it bear fruit or is it ornamental?  If it bears fruit, you need to cut
out any dead and crossing branches and make more open spaces to let light
into the middle of the tree.  Don't cut off ALL the "twigs" as that is
where some of the new fruit will grow but reduce them significantly to have
better size and quality of fruit.  Cut branches with narrow crouches as
they tend to break.  In my MG course, we were told to never prune more than
1/3 of a neglected tree at a time but to gradually prune it up over three
years.  If you want to reduce the height, prune the terminal buds.  Hope
this helps.
Bonnie ETN Zone 7