Re: Mahonia

> I just ordered my first mahonia (plain old leatherleaf, Mahonia
> and I am looking forward to it. The one you saw sounds awesome.
> I have started down the road to mahonia addiction?

Libby, I love M. bealei...nothing 'plain old' about it IMO.  Mine are
in heavy bud and if the weather would lighten up a bit, those buds
would open.  Nothing seems to phase M. bealei where my M. aquifolium
gets really beat up each winter.  Must admit, however that Zem's
discovery does sound super - I am a sucker for dark purple
foliage...have to hunt around for that one.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Shadyside Garden Designs
Current Article: Until April 11