Re: OT: arctic drilling

What a close vote!  51%!

Drilling in the arctic is an abominable idea.  At peak production it  could
only possibly provide a measly 2% of our country's oil consumption.   The oil
industry isn't even interested in drilling there because it's not worth  their
effort.  So much more can be gained simply by conservation and  imposing CAFE
standards on vehicles.  It's so sad.

Jim is right.  When this issue hits the House, we need to call our
congress-people and put pressure on them.  They will be up for re-election  in 2006.

Eva
Long  Island, NY
Zone 6/7

In a message dated 3/16/2005 6:30:54 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,