To: "GardenChat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 11:18 PM
Subject: [CHAT] update on DF's daughter

FYI to the rest of the list. Thought you'd all want to know, and please understand why we may not hear from DF for a bit. ALOT is on his plate right now. I have express to him the support and prayers of all of his "list friends".

Hi Theresa

I'm really sorry I missed you. I was looking forward to seeing you again. My poor father, brother, step mother and now my sister are all trying to fill in for Linda and I.

Michelle has really dodged a bullet this time for now anyway. She almost died last night and even the docs didn't have much hope for her. She turned blue at our home last Sat. and was rushed to Stanford. The she had another episode in the hospital two days ago. Yesterday they moved her to ICU and she is on a bi Pap machine to breathe for her. Her C02 levels are out of this world and her body has become acidic. Her kidneys have taken a hit as well. She is lucid and able to talk with us but she can't dispell the C02. For now she is stable.

I have to say this has been very difficult. I don't know if you met her Theresa but she is the sweetest most giving young person you could ever want to meet. She goes through this with more bravery than anybody I know. I'm afraid that words escape me. I know I guess that we should expect this but it's hard to think that we could lose her. She apparently will not ever recover to where she was after her transplant. She's on a lot of oxygen and while she may get some better she can't get that much better as there has been too much damage. Also, going back on the transplant list is out of the question since she had lymphoma last summer. She would just get it again and they can't take the chance of wasting the donor lungs.

I will be going back to the show tomorrow and for the following days as long as she is stable. Linda is staying with her at Stanford. Again I'm sorry to have missed you. Say hi to the list I don't know when I'll be writing too much.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Theresa" <tchessie@comcast.net>