Re: Knockout rose

Okay, I confess I read most of the recent rose discussion with interest
but didn't commit it to memory since I'm growing only a single shrub
rose at the moment and wasn't planning on adding any this year.

However, I do remember Knockout was a topic of discussion, and in
browsing through the website of Carroll gardens, I found Knockout under
Alan's (the proprietor) picks. In case anyone is looking for it, I
copied the description below (sounds like SuperRose to me... not sure
just how much I believe!).

Carroll Gardens is currently running an on-line sale
(www.carrollgardens.com) so the price is $15.08 plus shipping, volume
discounts available. As to why I was checking them out (they're about 15
miles up the road from me), they have both hamamamamamamelis and
corylopsis. Decisions, decisions...

Landscape Roses - Shrub Roses - Knockout (PP#11836, AARS 00)
Hardiness Zones:4 5 6 7 8 9
Single 3-3 1/2" blooms are fluorescent fire-engine red in cool weather
and deep cerise-pink in the heat of the summer. A lighter halo surround
the golden stamens. Petals fall cleanly; never needs dead-heading and
the blooms keep coming and coming until late fall. Orange-red hips
follow the blooms. The dark purplish green foliage, as well as the
blooms, are so tough they actually resist Japanese beetles. Foliage
turns burgundy in autumn. Dependable and drought tolerant. Knockout
requires only 3-4 hours of sun. Matures to a well-behaved 5-6 foot
winter-hardy bush that is virtually free of blackspot. As carefree as
any flowering shrub in your garden.

Height: 36"
Sun/Shade Preference(s): Full to Part Sun