Daphne x burkwoodii

Mine is maybe Somerset, maybe Silveredge, maybe Lavenerii
It's the right height, but much more than 4 feet across, semievergreen
foliage. It's overgrowing my small pond and I need to move it. How severely
can I prune without killing it? Is it best to prune & move it now (just
getting leaves) or do it later, maybe after it blooms?  Leaves come out all
along the branches, except where it shades itself in the center.
Judy B