Re: hum.....

I cheat- I skip the whole seed planting thing and just go straight for the plants. Capital Nursery sells a nice variety of heirlooms- so I just get the 4 in pots and plant as soon as my south wall is warm enough (or like this year- as soon as I get a bit of time to get them in). It is now pouring down rain here- so they should be very happy. I added alfalfa meal, bone meal, and a basic organic vegetable fertilizer before planting. Also, happy to see that the earthworms I transplanted to my raised beds have finally taken hold and are populating (wasn't sure this would happen, as this is a raised bed on top of a concrete slab). I periodically add compost (which is never quite done)- in hopes that this will keep the worms happy and busy.

Theresa

Cathy Carpenter wrote:

I just started my peppers, tomatoes and basil inside today.
Cathy