Re: Rabbits/dogs

I completely understand, and actually, giving him the run of the house at
first  is probably not a bad idea. That way, he gets everything marked and
knows it's his place so then usually he'll stop marking in the house once
he realizes it's home. My Lennox did that for about a week. Austin only
does it when he's mad at me......mainly for leaving the house.  I had a
gate installed to keep them only in the kitchen/dining area when I'm not
home. Tile floor, dog door to the outside, and it keeps my house MUCH
cleaner, at least most of the time. They've adjusted to it well. Dogs adapt
quickly to routine, even to the point that my Lab who is nine and has NEVER
been kept out of any part of the house now goes outside in the morning when
I'm getting dressed and lies on her bed on the porch. She knows she's going
to be put behind the gate when I leave, so she just goes ahead and goes on
out. I was amazed. The boys know that when I put on their collars it's time
for me to go and for them to go into the kitchen. I still have to keep all
of the "stuff" off the kitchen table, floor, etc or it will be destroyed
when I get home. He'll adjust, just give him some time.

I completely understand the frustrating part, but it is so rewarding, I
don't mind cleaning up whatever mess they've made while I was gone (at
least not too much) and I'm just glad they have a good home, and Romeo too!

Sorry y'all, I get on a soap box about abandoned pets. I just joined Blue
Ridge Boxer Rescue as a volunteer so of course now I'm all about rescue! I
figured it was time to participate instead of just bitching about pet

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC