True or False?

I have received excited reports from three non-gardening types of the
great threat of "Samoan termites" being spread nationwide in cheap
mulch made from trees from New Orleans that had been ground up
in the cleanup after the hurricane.  All these people are sure a national
disaster is in the making.  My first answer is "why are you buying
cheap mulch?"  Then "Why Samoan termites?  How did they get
to New Orleans?"  Of course this is answered by referrence to
"invasive aliens."
 I have tried to Google this and though there are reports
of termites in Samoa, mostly seeming to come from Australia, and
a Univ. of Florida document on the genus lists them, I can find nothing
that connects them to mulch or New Orleans.  Any input from this
erudite crowd?