Re: Spring/ Holli's tropicals/ Plumeria

Did they freeze???  Or do they just look like dead sticks??   Plumeria can go
dormant in cool weather, where they lose their foliage, and  pretty much look
dead.  They are the easiest plants to overwinter in cool  climates.  They
literally don't need ANY water or sun at all when  dormant.  People take them out
of the ground, or pots and shake off the  soil, wrap up and stick in closets,
under beds, etc.  Then pull them back  out in the spring.   Some folks will
just take the pots and stick them  in the garage or dark corner (protected from
freezes) and let them go  dormant....no water, no light....then take them out
in spring and begin to  slowly water, and slowly acclimate to light.....until
foliage appears.   Really easy to overwinter.
For future reference, if yours did indeed not make it.....but hopefully  they
are just dormant.
P.S. Congrats on the flamingo.
Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 3/2/2006 11:02:31 PM Central Standard Time,