To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 9:13 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] See you on the southside/she's home!

OK, what's being over 60 got to do with me being home? ;-D

I made it you guys, I'm on the Southside of the States. THANK GOD!
No offense whatsoever to all you mid-westerners. I don't think I've ever
met such nice, down-to earth people.
But I couldn't take the cold, and I can say this now without fear of
someone looking over my shoulder...........I absolutley CANNOT live that
close to my sister. So, now I've said it.

I really did hate the cold, and the gray, but I didn't want to end up
hating her.

The drive back was long and blessedly uneventful. I left Petersburg at 1:30
am on Friday, and got in at 7:00 pm on Friday. It kind of seems like a
dream now. I just drove and consulted my MapQuest directions when I needed
to. I ate peanuts and crackers and drank coffee. The dogs did fine,
although they were really done in by the time we got here.

My house is cute as it can be, giant magnolias in the front and back yard,
with sun on the south side. All of the camellias are blooming and there's a
huge Formosa Azalea getting ready to bloom by my front door. Sigh, it's so
good to be home.

Saturday, I put on a tank top (among other things) and went out to see my
best friend who has 6 acres. I walked around in the sun with my arms
outstretched soaking in the sun. It was fabulous.

So glad to be back on the list. I always miss you guys when I can't read
what's going on.
Cheers!
Andrea
Beaufort, SC zone 8b