RE: Spring

I'll try to get a couple of pictures tomorrow between storms, Chris.  I'm
always tickled to see them, too.  My Angelique tulip leaves have pushed up
through the ground as well, but it appears some hungry bunnies have found
them and mowed them back down to the dirt in many places.  (Well, they have
to eat too.)  As the leaves toughen and more turns green, I'm sure the
bunnies will look for more tender shoots to munch.  Right now (near
midnight) the temp is 55 F.  It looks like they are predicting snow Tuesday
and Thursday, with a dip below freezing then again over next weekend.

We've been very blessed at this property during our storms, considering it
is a heavily treed lot.  At a previous house, a late spring snow brought
down many HUGE limbs all over the yard.  There was enough down to use our
homeowner's insurance to get help getting the limbs cut into firewood and
the branches made into mulch.  Even there, we were very lucky because
although the largest limbs kept anyone from coming into the driveway and us
from leaving, no vehicles or buildings were damaged.

Bill and I keep a close eye on the trees closest to the house for any signs
of weakness and try to keep the overhanging limbs trimmed back from the
roof.  You'd think a roof 27' from the ground wouldn't have too many limbs
over it, but with the cottonwoods and the elms, they are at least 20-30'
taller than the house.  (It does help keep the house cooler in summer.)

Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)