Re: Spring

Although you folks are probably not as exposed to wind
as I am... but those shelters are not made to
withstand extremes.

For instance, if you look at his picture, you will
notice the edge of the roofing has a sag- water will
accumulate in there and bring it down. Chris needs to
stretch it taughter so the water rolls completely off

They also can't take weight on the roof- i.e. snow.
Make sure you run a heater in there the minute it
starts snowing so it melts it and runs off. A few
stategically places 2X4's for extra support in the
middle helps too on the extreme days.

What I can't tell is if it a cloth or plastic type
roof... the plastic (similar to a tarp with plastic
reinforced fibers) doesn't last in the sun either....

That said, since he is using it as a temp shelter till
the weather gets better and a weekend up and down
thing, he will probably make it the season.

Another thought for Chris is to line it with a rabbit
fence. All that new green will bring them right inside
to do some munching....

Had I know Chris was looking for something like this,
I am putting a casida screen house for sale in the
paper in the next few weeks when folks are thinking
that way... much sturdier, although the roof and snow
would still be an issue. We used these at the summer
place all the time, but decided here, we would
probably never use it, so time to get rid of the