From: Melody [mailto: mhobertm@excite.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 01:34:13 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Getting impatient

Kitty: Almost all of our rural parishes around here offer a
Saturday<br>evening Mass and at least one Sunday morning mass. Sunday
a.m. is still<br>the preferred time for many parishioners but the
Saturday mass has it's<br>regulars who rarely attend Sunday a.m. Many
families with children find<br>it easier to get to church on Saturday
afternoon than dragging kids out<br>of bed Sunday morning. Also for the
farmers, they don't have to<br>interrupt early morning chores to get
there. And with more and more<br>parishes clustering or sharing the
services of one priest, it is<br>becoming commonplace for one town to
host a Saturday evening mass, the<br>next town over to do an early
Sunday a.m. mass, and another town to do a<br>late Sunday a.m. mass, all
presided over by the same celebrant. With the<br>shortage of active
priests in the US, we are seeing something of a<br>return to the days of
itinerant ministers who come to celebrate the Mass<br>and leave the
actual day to day running

of the parishes in the hands of<br><br>administrators, which is what all
the classwork I am doing is preparing for...work as a Parish Life
for the Lord: the pay isn't much but the retirement is out of this
world!<br><br> --- On Tue 03/14, Kitty < kmrsy@comcast.net >
wrote:<br>From: Kitty [mailto: kmrsy@comcast.net]<br>To:
gardenchat@hort.net<br>Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 09:46:56 -0500<br>Subject:
Re: [CHAT] Getting impatient<br><br>>> skipped Mass (went Sunday a.m.
popular that it is <br>considered the<br>normal time to go instead of
<gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Tuesday,<br>March 14, 2006 5:34
an absolutely gorgeous day<br>here...temp of 76,

partly<br>> cloudy...spent the entire day in the<br>garden doing
clean-up...even<br>> skipped Mass (went Sunday a.m.<br>instead!) so I
could keep working outside<br>> while it lasted. Of<br>course, by
Saturday night it was storming and by<br>> yesterday it
was<br>positively frigid again! That's the midwest in spring,<br>> I
guess.<br>Felt so darned good to be down on my hands and knees,
digging<br>> in<br>the soil! And not to have to think about anything
except what I was<br>><br>doing right at that moment...it was blissful!
sometimes that is enough!<br>The winter is<br>> always kind of hard on
us as a family since we live<br>in a very small<br>> house and the
enforced confinement of winter has us<br>bickering alot by<br>> the end
of it all, but now that we can all start<br>getting some outdoors<br>>
time, things will get better...thanks for<br>asking...it means

gardening<br>question...how long do you think I should<br>> let all the
dirt settle<br>that we had to dump into the collapsed cistern<br>> last
year before it<br>is safe to assume it won't settle anymore? Couple
of<br>> years? And in<br>the meantime, what do I do with that pile of
dirt to<br>> disguise it a<br>bit?? Obviously we are going to have to
relocate the water<br>> feature<br>that was there...and I've got to get
in back there to rescue the<br>><br>lovely iris, lady's mantle,
huechera, and grasses that are<br>there...any<br>> thoughts on the best
last year when I tried to divide them using a<br>spade, I didn't<br>>
--- On Fri 03/10, Pam Evans < gardenqueen@gmail.com ><br>wrote:<br>>
From: Pam

Evans [mailto: gardenqueen@gmail.com]<br>>
To:<br>gardenchat@hort.net<br>> Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 12:35:17