Re: Documentary about 9/11

> Cathy, some people cannot see beyond their own perspective.  Revisionist
> history abounds, even after the truths have been laid bare.  Personally, I
> am very thankful to our veterans of all wars, not that I am a big proponent
> of war.  I am glad that (at least to some extent these days after the
> secularists have been at work) I can follow my religious convictions.  (My
> grandson, however is made to feel "odd" both at school and by his step
> or Japanese, which could have been a real possibility in WWII.  I am very
> glad we have a democracy thus far.  Though a democracy is not a guarantee
> and we cannot assume that if we leave dictatorships alone abroad that they
> will leave us alone.  And where are we when we see genocide?  Is it just the
> people being annihilator's concern, or should it be ours too?  (As much as I
> love the folks on our chat group, I don't feel many of them can stand to
> open their minds to a more conservative perspective.)

Hi Bonnie,

   To some extent I agree with what you've said.  As much as we hate war,
   sometimes it's necessary to protect our freedoms or the freedoms of

   I think my biggest problem with the Iraq war is that I knew before we
   went in that North Korea was by far the bigger threat and that the
   US should concentrate on disarmament there.  But instead it seems
   like we focused so much on Iraq and got caught with our pants down by
   Kim Jong-il.

   That said, I'm also extremely grateful that one of the freedoms that
   we continue to hold is the right to express our own opinions -- it's
   that diversity and ability to accept and express it that works as a
   testament to our democracy.

   And while I disagree with the administration's choice in starting this
   war, I heartily stand behind each and every soldier out there.

   I also hope that everyone realizes I'm not trying to start a feud or
   anything; I'm viewing all of this as political talk among friends, and
   as friends, we can all agree to disagree if need be.  I have no desire
   to force my will upon others here (even if I am right).  ;)  If what
   I've said so far offends anyone, tell me and I'll shut up.  These
   friendships are too precious to strain over things that we can't