Re: Lady Chatsworth News

I wonder if Lady Chatsworth would go for the subs? I know that I've sometimes been able to sneak a new chick under an experienced Mom that had an unsuccessful brood.

I love the Murry McMurray catalog, but have to stay away from it. With a minimum of 25 chicks per order, I'd have this place full. In times past, I used to be able to split an order with somebody, but we're in the 5th fastest growing county in the country, and that time has past. :-(

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2006 12:20 PM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Lady Chatsworth News

Awww.
Well, there's always adoption.
http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/product/goose_eggs.html

Cyndi

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Daryl
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2006 9:08 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net

Jesse,

I've had to miss a lot of messages. Is he a wild/Canada type and she's
domestic? If so, from what I remember, that cross is sterile. Eggs are laid,

but never hatch. There used to be lots of non-productive nests near the pond

on which I grew up. Very sad for the couple, and hard on the Mom who kept
setting, trying to bring off a hatch.

Hope the next attempt is more successful.