Are we ready?

The first day of spring is just around the corner, are you ready? What
happened to us exercising so we don't have the trauma of muscles rebelling
as we clean up the gardens? :)

I had an unexpected weekend off, so today we had choices- do we go to the
Garden show at Navy Pier, continue on cleaning out the basement, or go
outside and do something...

The garden won, since it was a nice day here.

I will probably be looking for more trees this year, as I FINALLY pruned
them- and I am the worst pruner in the world. My trees are a bit bare now,
but at least we will not be running into the branches while mowing anymore
(well I won't be anyways). I think I got carried away after starting - which
took forever trying to decide which ones to take out.

Then on to the roses, bushes, and everything else I didn't get to last fall.
Did notice some of the trees were thinking about budding, but I pruned
anyways. Also took out a huge part of the trumpet vine that was going the
wrong way since I wasn't around to train it last year. Hopefully I didn't
kill it.

As I was cleaning up the pond, since obviously DH didn't get all the plant
remains out last fall, did notice the lilies are already starting to grow.
Seems early.

The animals (assuming rabbits since that is what I saw) have already done
some pruning throughout the yard, may have to start a coffee can design. And
dang nab it, someone cut off the clematis again-- lotsa of vines on the
fence and this one foot of nothing then the ground... sigh... fought getting
them off the fence since obviously they are not going to grow since nothing
reaches the ground.

I left most of the ground/plant cover there as I felt we are still going to
get some weather and they will need it. But the daylilies were already
peeking out! Got some other things growing all over and I can't for the life
of me remember planting anything like it. But last year was lost between
train convention meetings and working enormous hours...there was no
gardening done here by me so... who knows what Pat planted...need to call

Only got about half of the gardens done, but maybe I will still be able to
walk tomorrow - LOL!