rain - finally!

Well I am pleased to share that it has been raining here since Friday
night.  As of 4 this afternoon, had five inches in the rain gauge, but I
know we actually got more than that.  Still coming down and another line of
storms moving in will hit here probably about 1am or so.  Two days ago we
had red flag (fire) warnings and now we're under the first flash flood watch
I've seen since last year about this time.   Considering we were 16 inches
behind before this hit, this will help.  Won't get us back to where we
should be w/ the lakes and all, but it will help a lot.   A few more
weekends like this and we'll be in tolerable shape for the normal summer
drought.  I hope that's all it is this year.  Three months or drought I can
stand, 12 months is ridiculous.   So keep up the good wishes for rain.  They
finally seem to be working!

--
Pam Evans
Kemp TX