Chicago Garden Show

Did anyone go to Chicago Garden Show at Navy Pier this
year? Haven't really heard about it....
Donna

Mom and I went, as we were in town for an Elderhostel at the Art Institute
that week.  The huge bamboo curtain was interesting, as were some of the
plants in the PW display.  We didn't stay for any of the seminars.  I'm
looking for hardscape ideas for my 6 acres and there were quite a few
interesting items - 4 columns with an open frame on top, a couple of
arbor-type structures to make you want to move thorugh a garden, stuff like
that.  About a third of the hall was people selling stuff (okay, I ended up
with 60 pounds of concrete kitties - Mom used the excuse that it was my
birthday).  There was a big pond in the middle of the hall with some nice
touches, but I'm not a ponder - maybe some of your friends could let you
know if that part was worthwhile.  I could have spent more time with the
exhibits, but Mom got tired.  There was probably more there than to see.
Parking, while not cheap at the flat rate of $22, is very well planned and
not a problem at all.
Just my two cents.
Mardi
Iowa z4b