From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of james singer
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 11:03 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Are we ready?

Your weekend sounded great, Cyndi. Why does DH want to grow field corn?
Make his own cornmeal? I did that once; good part is you can store it
nearly forever on the cob and grind it only as you need it--so you can
grow 2 or 3 year's worth at one time.

We just planted our second crop of tomatoes this weekend. The first
crop--a variety called "Window Box Roma"--was really much better than
expected. Mature plants were about 3 feet in diameter and 2 feet high.
Determinant producers, they each produced 3 to 4 dozen fruits over a 3
week period. We'll definitely do those for our early crop again next

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10