To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2006 9:38 AM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] winters back......and prayer request

Well the snow started right at rush hour. In the past road crews knowing
something was on the way got out ahead of it by an hour or two, but not this
time. They could see where the snow was on the radar, but didn't put down
anything. Bill slipped into a ditch on his way to work (and he is a very
skilled driver) to avoid the accident happening in front of him. He managed
to get out of the ditch on his own. But closer to work he said he stopped
just short of the car in front of him that went spinning and ended up facing
him on the road. It was a wild ride for him. Daughter Tzeitel called
because the interstate was at a complete stand-still. (It hadn't been
touched either.) Cars were apparently having a rough time staying on the
road this a.m. Of course, now the snow has tapered a bit and everyone is at
work, I am seeing snowplows and salt/sand trucks running.

I just saw a weather alert in my mailbox and they are sticking to the 3-5"
prediction. DH is already at work and has school after work until very late
tonight. We knew better than to put the snow blower away. Right now the
snow is very light but the prediction indicates that it will become heavy
once again--about rush hour! UGH!

Since I don't have anyplace I HAVE to be, I'm staying home today. Tomorrow
is to get above freezing (though not by much) so the snow ought to start
melting.

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)

PS For those of you who pray, please keep Holly Ellingson in your prayers.
Her mother died yesterday and she got laid off from National City today.
This will be VERY difficult for her.