Re: Amber Hearn?

> No, but now I want to know details. WHo is she and what did she supposedly
> do?

Hi Andrea,

   She was the first person that I ever ordered plants from through the
   mail.  An active poster on the perennials@hort.net mailing list, she
   developed quite a rapport with the the Internet community.

   We were all sad when she shut down Whippoorwill Creek nursery because
   she was moving.  She kind of faded out of the nursery business for a
   while, focusing instead on writing and organizing seed swaps through
   NARGS and such.  You can still find many of her lectures on plant
   propagation available online.

   A little later she started up Jadare, another nursery.  It seems that
   she was selling a lot of plants on eBay, but last year she suddenly
   stopped filling orders.  Rumors flew that she was in a car accident,
   but new listings kept appearing on eBay.  Then her Web site was
   pulled, email went unanswered, and people were out a lot of money.
   You can read a lot of the stuff here:

   I just hope she's well and this is all some sort of huge misunderstanding.