Re: Looking for the weekend!

I know what you mean, Bonnie, about the chickens. Recently, I went to McMurray's site and browsed through the breeds. Sure wish I could have two or three of each.

On Mar 27, 2006, at 6:56 PM, Bonnie Holmes wrote:

Also wish I could have some chickens. I have been buying organic stuff
locally and recently had a delightful carton of eggs with hues from brown
to green.

My dog Biscuit catches squirrels and voles. As we walk, she suddenly
burrows in a mass of leaves and comes up with a vole. It must not be very
tasty because she plays with it like a cat, kills it, and leaves it. The
rabbits and squirrels she eats.

[Original Message]
From: james singer <islandjim1@verizon.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Date: 3/27/2006 2:30:22 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Looking for the weekend!

You made me wish once more that I could keep a few chickens here. They
are such great animals. And, you're right, nothing makes them happier
than a barrel of weeds--unless it's a coffee can full of tomato
hornworms.

Gophers can really be a nuisance in a garden, orchard, and pasture. One
July 4th my father dropped cherry bombs down all the gopher holes in
our back yard--causing plumes of smoke to rise throughout the
neighborhood.