RE: Looking for the weekend! Lab Hunting dog...

A shepherd/dachshund mix? Ummm...my mind boggles. What did he look like?

Cyndi

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Bonnie & Bill Morgan
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 3:32 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Looking for the weekend! Lab Hunting dog...

 We had a shepherd/ Dachshund mix that was like that.  He hunted birds until
he was 20, then slowed down fast.  I knew he wasn't well when I saw birds
eating his food out of his dish and he just laid there.  He only lasted a
year after that.  He had developed an enlarged heart and in the last three
months had several heart attacks.  But, some dogs are meant to be hunters
and short of keeping them in a metal cage, they will find a way to hunt.  We
always kept his shots up to date to prevent problems.

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH -zone 5)